I spent a large portion of today working on the school room closet. Here is what I started with.
My little ones snuck in one day and pulled a lot of it onto the floor, but I made the rest of the mess myself. This is where I stash all our books and supplies we use for our school year. The first thing I did was pull everything out and start sorting. I sorted by grade level specific items, then by subject for the areas that my students work on together (science, history, literature, Bible). I also sorted out the art and school supplies and took inventory of what I have, so I now know exactly what I need to stock up on when the “back to school” sales start.
This is where I ended today.
I placed all our books inside the cabinet according to grade level and subject area.
The floor is cleared, the shelves are sorted and I now know where everything is.
As always, when organizing, I downsize. In addition to two tubs of garbage. This is the box of books with which I am parting.
I have more to do. I need to add labels to the cabinet and next week, we are moving the school room downstairs. But today, I am tired and I am done. I’ll update as I progress.